Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy birthday! The saga continues!



Today is the first year anniversary of this blog, "Eat. PRAY. Sleep." According to my first blog entry, this blog was born out of my experiences during the summer of April-May 2012--something which will still not be divulged here. Thankfully, I did not have to undergo the Vulcan mental discipline of Kohlinar--yet.

According to my labels, the most number of entries are under the "Pray" category with 30 (mostly my sermon notes); followed by "Sleep"  with 15 (mostly tech reviews); and the least is "Eat" with only five. (I think I need to go and eat out more. :))

Let's take a look at the statistics. As of this morning, my blog has had 8,836 page views since it was founded, with 1,516 page views just during the past month.Which is modest, considering that this blog lay mostly dormant for the latter part of 2012 and the early part of 2013. ("Why haven't you been updating your blog?" friend asked.)

 
The top topics in my blog are my tech reviews; namely: on the Cherry Mobile P9 "Cutie" with 4,008 page views; followed by the CD-R King 5000 mAh Powerbank with 1,376 (I wonder why are people so curious about a powerbank?) and the CD-R King 10" Fastpad with 223. (If this would become a popular tech blog, I hope that the telecom companies would send me their units so I could test-drive them--LOL)


The most popular entry of all time was my review of Cherry Mobile's P9 "Cutie" which is about half of the page views for this blog! When "cherry mobile p9 cutie" is searched on Google, my review comes up at the ninth place!

One entry that I am proud of is my review for the play "Sandosenang Sapatos"; which has 126 page views--written just two weeks ago. When "sandosenang sapatos play review" is searched on Google, my entry comes up on second place, following a review from the Philippine Daily Inquirer, a national broadsheet! My review is--modesty aside--ahead of other blog reviews and even that from a major Philippine television network.


Tanghalang Pilipino even featured a link to my review on their Facebook page!

 
My audience is mostly composed of IP's from the Philippines with 3,654; followed by the United States with 2,044 and the United Kingdom with 452. Other countries which view my blog are Germany, Russia, Australia, Canada, Turkey, India, and Singapore.


The name for my blog is by no means unique. I admit not doing an Internet search to find out if the name is taken. No copyright or intellectual property infringement intended!

First one up is the blog "Eat, Pray, and Sleep" (note the use of the conjunction and--also, the URL uses hyphens in between the words), also on Blogspot, a lovely blog operated by Fatima Khan, a married Muslim woman in London, England. (The last entry was written in 2012.)



Another is an article by Karen Brody entitled "Memo to Moms: It's Eat, Pray, and Sleep" on the Huffinton Post. It's a take on the novel Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and it gives advice to moms to get enough sleep.

 

Next is an entry in the blog Prelude to My Midlife Crisis by "Ramen Boi", a "thirtysomething guy". It's an essay about how he appreciates the luxury of sleep (just like Garfield).


The blog Tagaytay Ridge featured a Lenten promo of One Tagaytay Place Hotel in Tagaytay, Philippines,  dubbed "Eat. Pray. Sleep." I would have loved to have the logo of their promovas the logo of my blog!



Maintaining a blog is a lot like taking care of a puppy--cute but it demands a lot of your time! It's so much easier to post a tweet on Twitter or a status message of Facebook. But I've made it thus far posting my sermon notes, tech reviews, post reviews, and others. 

Eat. PRAY. Sleep.: The saga continues!

2 comments: